*A GO-TO RESOURCE FOR FREELANCE TRAINERS AND FACILITATORS*
Discover how to create simple hand drawn graphics that will ignite your creativity, bring your training to life and win you more work
Interested in the programme but not a freelancer? Get in touch here >>
Are you a freelance trainer who is experiencing the following?
- You love training but wish you could inject more creativity into your training design and delivery.
- In your heart you don’t believe in Death by PowerPoint yet you find yourself turning to it time and time again.
- You are itching to really bring your training to life.
- You feel like you don’t bring enough of YOU into your work.
- You’re so busy delivering training you don’t have time to stop and think about how to make it more fun, engaging and interactive.
- Every time you see a stock photo of ‘office people’ with shiny hair and perfect teeth you want to scream.
- You’d love to win more work AND have more impact.
A word from Emma the trainer:
‘Emer brings fun and joy to a subject that many people find challenging – drawing. Her knowledge and approach have really helped me with the basics (making a flip chart look soooo much better) to encouraging me to pick up distal tools to create templates for workshops and images for social media. I have attended Emer’s courses both face to face and virtual and both have been excellent. I’d recommended her – especially if you think “I can’t draw”‘
Don’t underestimate the impact of the little niggle that tells you that you, your learners and your clients would benefit from hand drawn graphics!
It has a knock on negative impact on your business…
- Your handouts, flipcharts, marketing materials and more lack a certain quality and humanity that
you really want to communicate.
- You go for an interview for some associate work and struggle to differentiate yourself from all the other trainers specialising in the same subject.
- You bring less of yourself into your work, meaning you’re not always fully aligned with what you
- As such you are less confident in how you show up in the world which inevitably can have a knock
on impact on your bottom line.
Let’s eliminate this ‘niggle’ for once and for all! Imagine…
The Professional Benefits
Having hand drawn handouts, slides, and flipcharts that your learners and clients LOVE and can’t stop talking about!
Winning work A former client emailed me recently to say she secured an associate training contract because the company said they loved how she used hand drawn graphics in her interview. Well done Nic!
Adding unique branding to your website (without having to be a graphic designer, web developer or all round tech-y person)
Only ever being a piece of paper, a marker and your phone away from a social media post! (That’s a direct quote from Emma who you met above :))
Having a library of ideas to turn to anytime you want to inject a little creativity into a training session.
The personal benefits
Having more fun, light and energy in your life.
Feeling confident that your drawings are good enough. (I will show you how.)
Tuning in to your creativity – developing professionally AND personally
Giving your mental health a boost.
The benefits to your learners
Being able to quickly sketch out ideas for your participants.
Enhancing participation and engagement in your workshops and trainings
Making learning experiences more memorable and brain friendly for your learners.
Creating long lasting impact
‘I highly recommend Emer’s simple graphics course. I’ve wanted to do this for a while but could never make the face-face days – this format enabled me to take part in a way that fitted around my other commitments. Emer is a superb facilitator, and takes you through a clearly structured process, whilst really building your confidence and courage to draw and to then share your drawings. I thoroughly enjoyed it and am now finding myself finding opportunities to use graphics whenever I can!‘
Emer is wonderful human being, who also happens to be a talented facilitator, coach and graphic illustrator.
I attended her online Secrets of Simple Graphics course to improve the quality of the training materials that I provide in my work. In short, I really loved it.
It was delivered in short, bite-size sessions, which meant that I never felt overwhelmed and could, bit by bit, absorb what we were learning. There’s also plenty of room for you to make the sessions and the exercises relevant to your world, work and interests. The weekly homework I found them to be wonderful mindful activities that improved my mental health too, which I have really valued.
High quality, well delivered, enaging training course. High quality resources and materials. Enjoyable fun sessions. Everyone on the course made measurable progress. I cannot recommend Secrets of Simple Graphics online highly enough. I have benefited in long lasting ways! Thank you!
Secrets of Simple Graphics
*AN ONLINE SELF PACED COURSE*
Secrets of Simple Graphics has been running as a successful training course for freelance trainers since 2016 – it started as a one day face to face course, then in 2020 it turned into a virtual 6 week programme. Now it’s time for the next evolutionary shift.
The course is offered in 6 learning modules. Each module is immediatedly available as soon as you sign up and includes video, downloadable tools, skill-building exercises, and the opportunity to apply the content immediately to your work!
Here’s what’s included…
6 Learning Modules with bite sized step-by-step videos
Markers and More: Your visual Graphics Resource Kit
Downloadable Tools and Templates
Quizzes to embed your learning
Pop Up Live Q & As
Module 1: How to Develop A Visual Thinking Mindset
Gain a quick win by discovering and applying the biggest Secret of Simple Graphics – developing a visual thinking mindset.
Learn fun ways to banish limiting beliefs and feel emboldened to pick up those markers!
- Why ‘drawing talent’ isn’t everything. Discover what you, daVinci, Monet and all the greats have in common
- The No. 1 shift between learning how to draw and actually drawing
- Why it really doesn’t matter if your drawings look funky or not (and how to embrace this!)
- The statistic that will instantly make you feel more relaxed about drawing
Visual Thinking Journal Pages
Module 2: Lettering Made Simple
Learn about the role of lettering in simple graphics and get your step by step guide to creating simple, impactful lettering.
- The most important thing to remember when it comes to using lettering in simple graphics
- Quick style tips – minimum effort, maximum impact.
- What to do when your natural handwriting style is illegible
- Troubleshooting – when lettering goes wrong and what to do about it
Lettering Worksheets – pop on some music and practice the size and style of your lettering.
Module 3: Icons and More
Follow along step by step as I show you exactly how to draw simple icons that you can recreate time and time again.
- Step by step videos on how to draw people, arrows, bullet points, borders, speech bubbles and more
- Your simplest guide to drawing facial expressions
- 30 key icons you can use in your training room this week
- My No. 1 tip for building muscle memory when it comes to drawing
*Brand New* Icon Library – your go-to reference guide
Module 4: Bringing it all Together
Learn to bring lettering, icons, bullet points and more together on the one page (and how to make it all fit!)
- The One Pager: Your ultimate guide
- How to create a visual template
- Layouts, formats and how to use colour
- Examples of simple graphics by other trainers
Your go-to templates for creating a piece of simple graphics
Module 5: Graphics in Practice
Take your drawings from the page into working with a group.
- Four key ways to use graphics in your work
- What graphic facilitation actually is – this will surprise you!
- Visual icebreakers for use in training and faciltation
- Top Tips for visual facilitation with groups
Your personalised action plan (visual of course 🙂)
Module 6: Taking Things Digital
Your step by step guide to creating digital images on the go. There is something in here for everyone, whether you want to dip your toe in or do a deep dive.
- 3 minutes to a .jpeg for your social media post
- My no. iPad app for drawing (and how to use it!)
- Digital drawings with a laptop (no tablet necessary)
Digital Drawing Resource List – save precious time by accessing all my go-to digital resources, including the Digital Drawing App checklist!
But that’s not alll…
55 more icons
55 bonus icons as requested by freelance trainers in the last year. These include:
- Time Management ….and 52 more 🙂
Pop Up Q & As
I’ll offer up Pop Up sessions throughout the year to reignite your motivation, ask me any questions and get feedback on your work.
Receive updates including the latest tools and tips throughout the year.
Why this works so well as an online self-paced course
You don’t have to wait until a live cohort starts before you start learning.
The learning is bite-sized, making it easy both to fit into your working day AND to quickly find what you’re looking for.
You don’t have to turn down work opportunities to take part in the course!
If you are looking to improve your ability to draw simple graphics, I highly recommend you get in touch with Emer. She is a skilled illustrator and facilitator, has a lovely, helpful nature, and a true desire to help people learn. Over six weeks, I improved both my drawing skills and confidence. And best of all, I am having fun drawing again – which I haven’t felt for decades! Thank you, Emer!
I just wanted to say a HUGE thanks for the fabulous course you put together. The content, delivery style and learning experience were all just spot on and I have learned so much from the whole experience. Your wonderfully calm and relaxing pace, set a fabulous ‘tone’ to the sessions, and I feel I have learned a lesson there, for myself, that I will definitely be putting into practice once we are allowed to deliver sessions back in workplaces.
I particpated in Emer’s 6 week online Secrets of Simple Graphics course. It gave me skills and confidence to use hand-drawn graphics to enhance my training and coaching, both live in the room and as preprepared resources. Also it was fun and I’ve gained a new hobby, drawing, and ditched my inner critic which told me I can’t draw.
***Get Instant Access Here**
30 Day Guarantee
Sign up today, try all of the materials for 30 days and if you are not entirely confident that you will ignite your creativity and bring your training to life with the information in this course then email me at emer [at] emeroleary.com and I will provide a full refund, no questions asked.
Thank you Emer for such an enjoyable and inspiring course. Really well structured and varied content. I have taken awy plenty of learning to apply directly into my everyday work. I’d highly recommend this course to facilitators.
This course has inspired me to include graphics and to visually illustrate content that I want to share. I feel more confident in doing this and thank you, thank you so much !!
So much value in this course from the very practical aspects of drawing to the simply act of taking time out to be more creative. Exceeded my expectations, has giving me confidence in my drawings and using them in a business setting. Thank you Emer!
Why simple graphics is not just a 'nice-to-have'
I truly believe that every self employed person is intrinsically creative.
We have to be.
What with juggling project management, accounting, client relationships, marketing, business development, not to mention IT challenges – well we wouldn’t get very far if we weren’t creative!
In order to BE creative we need to feed and nourish our creativity. Learning how to create simple graphics not only feeds your creativity; it makes you and your work more appealing to your clients who are seeking creativity too.